Tuesday, September 19, 2006

AARRGH! It´s National Talk Like a Pirate Day!!

So...photos....Yeah, I know it´s been promised, but i´m currently experiencing some difficulties in formatting? Is that a viable excuse?
In the mean time, the quick update is that we´re still in Orosi, and we´ve committed to another 2 weeks of Spanish classes. Our teachers are awesome, and i´m not just saying that because Marjorie (Scott´s teacher) is sitting next to me. We really like this little town in the mountains.
This week we´ve been joined by a bunch of Americans. Which, obviously, everyone in this hemisphere is American, so we find ourselves at a bit of an identity crisis when trying to describing our nationality. So, to clarify what i was saying, this week we´ve joined by a bunch of United Statesians. There are three guys, all traveling independently, and a couple who just moved to Orosi (they´ve been missionaries in Holland and Belgium for the past 20 years, but are from California).
so, we really haven´t gotten out much. We study often. And I think we´ve already learned a lot in our first week here. Scott does a Frankenstien style of communication, and that gets him pretty far. I´m a bit more timid (not surprising) but at least starting to understand what´s going on around me.
Oh, and there´s a restaurant in town that has the Best Burgers in America (and I mean ALL of America) for only $1.00!! So, that´s where we´re going right now! mmm. so good...

6 comments:

Barb Heine said...

Hi kids
Sounds like you're in a good place now. Learn that Spanish and come home all biligual.How did Mark post a picture of himself?? This is such a learning curve for me. I am lucky I remember my user name and password!!! Your truck for Mark's cat, sounds like a fare trade. You know what a pet lover I am.
I have been stripping off the wallpaper in the bathroom and the stupid paper backing is staying on the wall. Isn't it nice to know that someone is doing the mundane things in life as you two globe trot?? Take care of yourselves and be safe. LOVE MOM
PS Dad says check you bank account and the kaiser bill

amy said...

psst...
what up sibs. Lewis, Christy, and I just hung out in Chi-town last night. We ran around Millenium park and held chicken fights atop cement garden walls. Annie...I just wrote you a long email but am not sure when I'll send it as the end got a bit warbled by some internal theological debate I was having. Suffice it to say, I have a part time job now - yay! At the Lake Forest Hospital health and fitness center...I am studying for my cert. exam which is next week....and I can't stop eating nutella. I know. It just doesn't make sense. I have been biking alot which is great fun.
Love you both and miss you much.
Amy
ps. post more pictures of yo pretty faces

Dawg said...

I MISS YOU.

That's what.

Plus I'm in NYC with Meg and Jarrod at this moment. They are SUCH roommates and it's lovely. Wish you guys were here!

Espero que sus clases de Espanol son fiestas!

Con mucho amor, siempre,
Katie
P.S. Amy, I LOVE Nutella!

amy said...

Where in the heck fire are you guys?!

amy said...

Monday: think pink. breast cancer awareness month.; bought t-shirt
Tuesday: coconut curry chicken
Wednesday: client had seizure; walkie talkies are good; sang father abraham
Thursday: 10 mile ride; saw baby lamb escaping from farm
Friday: full moon yoga; massaged by someone's feet
Saturday: raked leaves; used curling iron; watermelon lip gloss

amy said...

Tobie & I in Minnesota a few weeks ago.
- A