Friday, November 03, 2006

Exclusive Teen

We made it into Panama! we're in David, Panama right now...the border crossing was fairly painless. Except that today is Panama's Independance Day. Turns out that we're doing a Tour of Central American Independance Days! Which is fine...but the banks are all closed. So we've been thwarted again in our mission to exchange dollars for local tender. The one thing we do have going for us is that the Panamanian currancy...the balboa...is really just dollars. seriously. everyone here just has pockets full of American dollars. I mean i get some balboa in change (and it looks identical to pennies, quarters, etc.) and the exchange rate is actually pretty comprable. We are both confused.
Anyway, so far the consensus is that Panama is a bit more sophisticated than Costa Rica. They actually have a highway - like an interstate. We even saw strip malls and subdivisions outside of David. It looked a bit like Florida. That is until we got to our hotel. It's about to fall down. I mean, it looks big and has a restaurant in it and all, but I'm afraid I'm going to fall through the floor (which is on an extreme slope). And I can't explain why, but the shower felt like I was closing myself in to a refrigerator. (anyway, it only cost us $8.00).
So fear not! Panama is a success!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, were glad you guys are doing good. Just stay safe because you have alot of people that are worried about you. Be safe and have a great time.

Barb Heine said...

Dear Scott and Annie
Glad you are in civilization again.The rope bridge story really got to me in Costa Rica. Scott, I just read your blog to Mark about the Spillmaster Euro JR., Hysterical!!! I want one!!!You guys are so funny, I miss you all. Tell Annie about Bobo and Saga, then she will understand your special twin language.
Be safe and stay well, remember a konth with no blog is my Embassy limit!!! LOVE MOM

Barb Heine said...

Dear scott
Sorry about the typo, I meant a MONTH with no blog and I call out the troops.
LOVE MOM

amy said...

Hey Guys,
Based on your description of central America and Mexico, I'm not really sure where it is. Do you think you could be a little more descriptive about its location? and hey, are you lost?

amy said...

okay mikal-heines, your new niece will be born this Monday - November 20th - and are you ready to hear her name?..
Ella Tiene Fae Mikal
("she has faith" in espanol.)
I might call her she-she. Not sure yet. But sorry they didn't go for Muey. I liked it.
So here's the week in sentence fragments:
Sunday: built turkey with marshmallows.
Monday: discover Jose Gonzalez for the second time.
Tuesday: I try to get stuff done but don't. Also Joel's birthday and Annie's half birthday.
Wednesday: spin with Sheryl Crow.
Thursday: I try to figure out what exactly is West of Antioch.
Friday: Hospital with Chas; Garrison Keilor movie.
It's so exciting I know, take a walk to bring your heart rates down, and then have some milk.
peace in the middle east,
Amy