Thursday, April 07, 2011

Preparations

Our long awaited Spring Break Building Blitz is now just one day away. How are the preparations coming? Lagging behind expectations, as expected.
We had a fantastic planning session last weekend listing goals, action steps, tools needed, prioritized to-do lists, divisions of labor, packing lists... but they seem more like wish lists at the moment.


Of course, some progress has been made. Scott is putting the finishing touches on his custom wooden truck rack- complete with wooden pins and mortise and tenon joints (photo to be posted upon completion)... He has basically built a piece of furniture onto his truck, a very Scott solution to the problem of how to transport all the lumber we will need this week.



My major goal was to arrange a time to meet with my future employer, and it turns out that I did better than that. My first official day of work will be on Wednesday! I'll be attending a networking meeting and starting some online training. I continue to get such a great feeling about the company I will be working for. I come away from my conversations with them with the refreshing sense that they are genuinely good and caring people.

Though we've packed the camping/cooking gear already, the major tasks of tools, tent, laundry and baby remain to be completed. But that's not unreasonable....though the goal of completing the electrical panel is looking more and more improbable.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Electricity is really over rated. You just need a few lights and a heater in the cold days. Thinking of you guys.

Amy said...

I believe in you! You can do it!!
I love my pennypants.

Amy said...

Thought you guys might like this artist's work...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PegandAwl?ref=seller_info

Amy